Wednesday, January 19, 2011

10 Day Challenge {Day Three}

Day Three:
A picture of somewhere you have been.

This is the Miami skyline from a cruise ship to the Bahamas.

For my mom's 50th birthday I wanted to do something really special for her. For a long time I planned this trip because she had never been to Florida and really hadn't been on a vacation in about 20 years. 

So, I planned a huge this trip for her and about 3 days before we left, at her birthday dinner, I surprised her with it. She was in shock and it was a moment - and facial expression - I'll never forget!

The trip was amazing to say the least. We stayed at The Fairmont Turnberry Isle in Aventura, Florida and I could not have picked a better hotel. The Fairmont group of hotels is great anyway, but I think this is one of the best in the chain.

We took a day cruise to the Bahamas, shopped in Coconut Grove and visited South Beach.

We just had the best time and wish everyday that we could go back. Someday I'll take her again - maybe a 60th birthday surprise?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the click....