Thursday, January 20, 2011

10 Day Challenge {Day Four}

Day Four:
A picture of something/someone that has had a big impact on you.

My mom has always had the biggest impact on me. She is all I've ever wanted to be and I know that sounds cheesy, but it's so true. She is the best mom anyone could ever hope for. She's strong, funny, opinionated, always there for me - and I do mean always. She's the best grilled cheese maker, wiper of tears, shoulder to lean on, reality television show watch partner, shopping companion and confidant. There is nothing I don't tell her and nothing I can't trust her with.
I want to be just like her when I grow up.
 These are four of my favorite pictures ever. They're not centered, good light or anything that would be featured on a photographer's website or in their gallery. But they're a real, true expression of us. This was on the flight on the way to Miami and we wanted to get a picture of us on the plane, but since it was so early in the morning, we didn't want to bother anyone and ask them to take it. So we tried, for probably a good hour, to get a picture. It never happened, but it was one of the funniest and funnest hours I've ever spent. We were laughing the whole time.

My grandparents(mom's side) have also had a tremendous impact on my life.
In May, they will be celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary. This year they will both celebrate their 92nd birthdays and I have learned more from them than could ever be taught in school or learned from a book.
They have lived through and seen so much in their 91 years and they're the best example of where faith and love can take you.
They've survived the depression, wars, unemployment, deaths, moves, illness and more. They are living, breathing marriage vows.
I'm thankful every single day that I've been fortunate enough to have them with me this long and aspire to have a marriage like theirs.  

2 comments:

  1. SO sweet Whitney and your grandparents are beyond precious!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!!! Have a supportive loving family makes life some much happier. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message at the click....