Thursday, August 26, 2010

House Hunters

Me + House Hunting = A Journey to Stress City, with pitstops in Panicville and Hyperventilation Nation.

I kid, I kid. It hasn't exactly been that terrible but I've had a few moments where I just wanted to throw my hands in the air and wave them like I just don't care. And I'm not even looking for a house to buy, just to rent.

My friend, Wendi, and I are in the process of looking for a house to rent together and in Memphis it's been slim pickins. Especially when we both possess a fair amount of picky. Thankfully, it's the same kind of picky but frustrating nonetheless.

We're not looking for this:


But we're not looking for this either:



We just want 3 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, bathroom/kitchen tile that's not circa 1967 and - if it's not too much to ask - a dishwasher. Yeah, we looked at one that didn't have a dishwasher. Let's specify: we're not Amish, we didn't just take the Oregon Trail to get here and we don't call our parents "Ma" and "Pa"* so I fail to understand why we should have to live without a dishwasher if we can help it.

All in all this has been a fun experience, but I'm ready for it to be over.

*Subsequently, neither one of us possesses the nickname "Half-Pint."

4 comments:

  1. Girl, I just know the perfect house will come along. Good things come to those who wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be worse you could be like me and have a dishwasher that doesn't work and the apt complex keeps saying its "fixed" ummmm food and soap still on the dishes.. not so much fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one, I repeat - NO ONE - should live without a dishwasher. Good luck on the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found the new blog...Hope it all works out for ya! If my house was available, I would love to have you, but it's rented until December. And yes...it does have a dishwasher and all the fixins, circa 2004 :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message at the click....